Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My New Dress!

Monday, I started working on this dress. I got the pattern from my mom who got it from her mom. Grandma took such good care of her patterns; when she was finished with it she ironed it and fit it perfectly back in the envelope. I got it all back in there when I was done so that Annabelle can use it when she has a little girl.
This project began with a tote bag. I got a free bag from my boss, it had a logo that wasn't very attractive. I wanted to cover it up and make it look more stylish. I got some patterned fabric and some pretty red trim. After I was done with the tote bag I made a shoulder bag out of some
old jeans and used some more of this fabric. If you want to see the bags check our my other blog: Trish's Art.
I didn't have enough fabric to make anything so I went digging in my extra fabric box. I found this ultra suede from Aaron's Halloween cape from several years ago and it was just enough. Well, the solid field fabric was perfect for the busy patterns that I put together. The pockets are adorable with the red fringe. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I didn't know I was capable of creating something so chic.


Thanks to Mom for teaching me to sew and thanks to Grandma for such a cute pattern. This is something that we will remembered for generations. I still cherish the clothes that Grandma and Mom made for me.

1 comment:

Mssrowlett said...

You have become so creative. Well, I'm sure you've been creative all along but now these new ideas are just flowing out. I am so very impressed!!! Be careful, the next thing you know, you'll be making bags for Hana, Sophy, Lola, etc...... You'll be our sewing lady! :) Shannon can make the cake and you make the gift! I love this idea!!!!

Very cute dress and bag!! You did a great job!

Oh, and the video's are wonderful. I watched them!!