Thursday, March 5, 2009

Painting

When I paint, my little artist comes around asking for brushes and canvas and paint. If you know me, and most of you do, you know that I don't particularly like cleaning up after big messes. Poor Annabelle has to go to the baby sitters just to play in the mud. Well, I decided the best place for her to nurture her creativity and keep my house free of finger paint was to take it outside. And it just so happens that Annabelle loves being outside. I took her painting easel, paints, brushes and paper to the back porch and let her go at it. We had fun making shapes, mixing colors and getting our hands dirty. After the painting was over, I immediately put Annabelle in the bath tub. She had a great time and wants to paint everytime we go outside. I will cherish these first paintings forever!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Very sweet and good plan being outside. Spring and summer are on their way. I can't wait to get Jason in a baby swimming pool!