Monday, March 16, 2009

10th Wedding Anniversary

On a whim we decided to head to Dallas for a special anniversary dinner at Texas de Brazil. I made reservations online and confirmed through email, it was great. We had a fantastic meal; they have a wonderful salad bar with the best quality food and some exotic things too. Their signature lobster bisque is rich and creamy. I tried all of the different cheese with tomato or on toasted bread. Now for the meat. When we were ready to have some meat, we turned a disk to the green side and waited for the waiters to bring it to us. There was top sirloin, filet mignon, bacon wrapped chicken and pork, pork tenderloin, lamb chops and much more! The meat is cooked over an open flame on long skewers that look like short swords. I thought it was a great set up because then I could try whatever I wanted. After I had the sirloin I just had more of that. We were only there for about an hour and a half because once we started eating we didn't talk at all. The food was so delicious all we could say was "yumm" and "did you try that?". After all that food, I still wanted a desert. I had a piece of the chocolate mousse cake. It is 5 layers with cake, white chocolate mousse, cake, milk chocolate mousse, then cake and of coarse a rich, thick chocolate icing. We really had a great time. I would love to share this dining experience with you all!

No comments: