Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Not too cool for Zoo.

Saturday, the 19th, Annabelle and I went to the Zoo with Nicki and cousin Sophy. After a short nap we met at the horse track and walked over to the zoo. There were lots of people there that day. First thing we went to the aquarium to see the sea lions and other under water life. Annabelle loves looking at the fish at Walmart so I thought she would enjoy the aquarium at the zoo. We saw so many fish. I think she likes the little ones the best. These little sea horses were so cute.
The zoo is so big that it takes forever to get from one end to the other. And it seems like they leave a lot of space between the animals, there is little to see when your walking from animal to animal.
It was a pretty day. There was hardly any breeze and the sun was beating down on us. We got the girls and Nicki coated in sunscreen. I don't think anyone got burned. Well, the back of Nicki's neck was red. I got red on my shoulders but it goes away quickly and turns into a tan.
We went around the rhinos, hypos, elephants, deer, donkies and found the giraffe. Giraffe are one of my favorite animals. I can relate to them because I'm tall. They are pretty animals and graceful when they run. I have always admired the giraffe.
We had a great afternoon at the zoo. I like having a pass because you can stay for a few hours and then leave. You don't feel like you have to stay long and get your monies worth. There is always tomorrow.

After we left, Annabelle fell fast asleep in the car. I think Nicki has a similar picture of Sophy on her blog, Austin Lite.
We had a great time looking at God's wonderful creatures and exercising. Can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

Aaron Pogue said...

Umm...did you take that picture while driving?

On the highway?

Nicki said...

I took mine while driving too, hee hee. Thankfully my back didn't get burned at all, I guess we didn't have our backs to the sun much.

Heather Sutherlin said...

So cute, you guys! By the way, kudos on your blog. I feel like such a loser for not ever blogging my family, but then again that would require taking photos and time to write, so....
By the way, Evie LOVES giraffes, too.
love you!
Heather