Monday, February 2, 2009

A crazy weekend with my brother

When ever my brother comes to visit me, it's to do major renovations on one of our houses. Well, this weekend was no different. For nearly 4 years I have wanted a window between the kitchen and living room. It only took Matt a few hours Friday night to make my dream a reality. It was amazing!

Friday night: Matt and Aaron removed the trim and upper cabinets over the sink.










Saturday: Aaron and Kris took care of some old poorly done wiring and Matt framed the window and put the upper cabinets on the opposite wall.










Sunday: Matt finished framing the window and built the island, Aaron removed the old wall heater from the bathroom and mudded it.










For more details check out Aaron's blog. I'll post completed pics soon. Stay tuned.

Annabelle loved having her cousins to play with, especially Hanna. I am so blessed to have a family who will sacrifice a weekend to work on my kitchen. This is what the kids did all weekend:










Thank you Matt, Amy, Owen, Sloan, and Hanna!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I wish my brother was like matt...oh wait, maybe a cousin...I kinda like my brother.

Cindy said...

rockband = the greatest